Business Development Manager owns and develops portfolio of products for various end uses in packaging segment. Including expanding markets of current portfolio of water activatable base paper specifically in EU and Asia and identifying further development needs of new products according to emerging market needs. Drives products portfolio to meet growth and profitability targets according to tape business strategy.
BDM develops product portfolio sales and marketing entry strategy (including product offering, pricing, portfolio rationalization, market segmentation, internal and external communications) to ensures that product and marketing efforts support the company and tape BU overall strategy and goals.
The position will be based at one of the Ahlstrom-Munksjö sites, and reports to VP, Business Unit Tape.
- Develop and manage packing tape product portfolio to meet identified target markets needs
- Plan and manage product portfolio strategy to ensure healthy, competitive and profitable product offering to meet global tape business customer needs.
- Define pricing strategy, set pricing guidance to sales team to maximize profitability of each product segment and market, while ensuring growth and market share targets are met.
- Support BU VP and sales on annual contract, rebate and tactical pricing requests by providing pricing strategy and market expertise.
- Interact and influence packing tape end users and other stakeholder in value chain to identify and create market needs and translated insights into product portfolio development needs.
- Represent Ahlstrom-Munksjö in relevant associations and follow regulatory activities.
- Manage packaging tape market and competitor intelligence and follow closely issues and trends.
- Promote new products internally and externally.
- Work with Sales Managers to effectively implement strategies and tactics, to generate leads, to influence and assist customers in making their purchasing decisions to drive increased market penetration, and to achieve and sustain competitive advantage in markets served.
- Develop education and business training for Sales Managers on products, value proposition, Go-to-Market and applications knowledge.
- Develop marketing tools to improve product offering, pricing, segmentation and communications.
- Work with IP department to monitor new Patent.
Within Ahlstrom-Munksjö Group the Business Development Manager collaborates closely with Tape Sales, Maskingtape Product Manager, Tape BU development team, tape plants, Product development and Communications .
Customers, raw material suppliers, packaging tape end-users, tape industry suppliers, tape and packaging associations are key external stakeholders in the role.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, for example engineering or business
- 8 years work experience in relevent area like product development, marketing or sales
- Experience in the specialty and packaging papers, understanding production and convering process, specifically tape products and packaging solutions
- Experience in the tape, packaging or pressure sensitive adhesive products and markets.
Needed competencies & skills
- Creative thinking / Problem solving
- Capable of interacting on all levels of the organization in various different cultures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships as needed
- Fluency in English – other languages are plus
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, and other programs as required
- Must have knowledge of Ahlstrom-Munksjö Information Security policies and is for his/her own part responsible for ensuring information security when handling information and maintaining or using information systems or information networks
- Ability to travel
For further information on this job, please reach out to Vesa Yliherne, VP, Business Unit Tape tel. +358 408307417 either on
- Thursday Oct 24th at 11-12 EET
- Friday Oct 25th at 14-17 EET or
- Monday Nov 4th at 15-17 EET
Please submit your application in English by November 8th.