UPM Specialty Papers is pleased to announce that it will be attending Interpack 2023 in Hall 8, Stand F29. Visitors can discover how UPM Specialty Papers helps its customers and brand owners bring power to their purpose with a wide portfolio of fibre-based, recyclable packaging papers, including a new range of heat-sealable barrier papers.
In the face of the fast-growing demand for sustainable packaging, UPM Specialty Papers is working closely with customers and expert partners from across the food packaging value network to co-create the next generation of transformative and recyclable fibre-based packaging solutions.
The aim is to develop and test papers, products and concepts that will support converters and brand owners in the transition to packaging made from sustainable and recyclable materials. This will in turn help them to meet their sustainability targets and comply with upcoming EU regulations on recyclability.
The results from many of these co-creation partnerships will also be showcased on the UPM Specialty Papers stand at stand F29 in hall 8A.
- BOBST and Michelman: developing a ground-breaking recyclable high barrier packaging solution for foods with a long shelf-life.
- Henkel: creating a sustainable heat-sealable packaging concept that delivers unrivalled levels of grease resistance.
- SN Maschinenbau: testing a range of heat-sealable barrier papers on SN Machinebau’s pouch packaging machines to create a recyclable, renewable, fibre-based pouch.
- Koenig & Bauer: optimising the next generation of inkjet digital printing for UPM Specialty Papers heat-sealable barrier papers.
- Fiorini: producing a recyclable, fibre-based, sack suitable for pet food applications up to 20 kg offering strength without the need for plastic lamination.
Learn more about all these co-creation projects here.