Ms. Katri Hokkanen (M.Sc. Econ) has been appointed CFO at Valmet as of August 1, 2022. She will report to President and CEO Pasi Laine. Katri Hokkanen has worked as Valmet’s interim CFO since May 1, 2022.
Katri Hokkanen began her career at Valmet in 2006. Prior to holding the interim CFO position, she worked as Vice President, Finance in Valmet’s Pulp and Energy business line in 2017–2022 and led the finance operations in Valmet’s Asia-Pacific Area organization in 2015–2017 and in the EMEA services business in 2013–2015.
“After a thorough recruitment process, we have chosen Katri Hokkanen as Valmet’s new CFO. Katri is a strong finance professional with long-term and varied experience in different finance roles in our business line and area organizations. During her tenure as Interim CFO, Katri Hokkanen has led Valmet’s CFO function consistently forward and proven her deep business understanding bringing added value to our Executive Team. I am pleased that our consistent successor development process has allowed us to grow a CFO within the company and I am convinced that Katri will develop our CFO function further,” says Pasi Laine, President and CEO of Valmet.
Katri Hokkanen’s CV
- Katri Hokkanen
- CFO as of August 1, 2022
- Born 1981
- M.Sc. (Economics)
- Finnish citizen
Relevant previous experience:
- Interim CFO of Valmet as of May 1, 2022
- Vice President, Finance of Valmet’s Pulp and Energy business line 2017–2022
- Head of Finance, Asia-Pacific, Valmet 2015–2017
- Manager, Finance of EMEA services business, Valmet 2013–2015
- Business Controller, Services, Metso Paper Inc. 2011–2013
- Assistant Business Controller of Metso Paper Inc. 2008–2011
- Accountant and Senior Accountant of Metso’s Shared Services 2006–2008