ANDRITZ launches the next generation of its highly successful ModuScreen family of pressure screens – the new PrimeScreen X. The newly developed screen has thoroughly been tested in most demanding OCC applications and shows significant improvements in energy efficiency, screening performance and maintainability.
The PrimeScreen X builds on the success of more than 5,400 globally installed ANDRITZ pressure screens in stock preparation applications and offers additional and innovative key benefits to our customers.
- Top-feed stock inlet. The top-down design takes advantage of gravity to remove heavy contaminants quickly and minimize wear on rotor and screen basket. Top-down also improves the removal of light rejects, preventing the accumulation in the feed area, which again extends the life of wearing components.
- New PrimeRotor and foil design. The PrimeScreen X can be equipped with the new PrimeRotor, which improves screening efficiency and reduces energy consumption by up to 25%, compared to a competitive screen in a comparable application. The PrimeRotor foils are interchangeable with any other ANDRITZ foils and the rotor could be installed in any screen type available on the market.
- Easier maintenance. The design of the new rotor attachment and basket fixing results in reduced downtime, as maintenance and replacement of rotor and basket is quick and easy.
- Enhanced geometry. The optimized screen basket height-to-diameter ratios comply with the requirements of different furnishes and applications, helping to reduce the thickening factors and leading to a better control of fiber loss.
- Versatile in application. The PrimeScreen X is suited to all screening applications independent of the raw materials.
Wolfgang Lashofer, Senior Vice President and Global Division Manager of Paper, Fiber and Recycling Division at ANDRITZ: “Our new PrimeScreen X reduces energy consumption significantly and improves performance of our customers’ plants, thus meeting exactly market demands”.